Area 50 WebMail
Each Area 50 service position holder is issued a private webmail account to send and receive messages pertaining to area business.
Area 50 webmail is hosted by IONOS (by 1&1), the company that has been providing web hosting services to the area since 2008. Web mail accounts are free to the user. They have 2GB storage capacity, an anti-virus and anti-spam filter, and other advanced features (calendar, address book).
IONOS webmail functions much like other web-based email services, such as Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo Mail. Users can:
- Send and receive text-based messages
- Attach documents (.txt, .docx) or image files (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Create a custom file hierarchy for archiving messages
For an in-depth tutorial on IONOS webmail functions, log into your web mail account and click on the Online Help icon (question mark).
- In a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE Explorer, Safari), go to https://mail.ionos.com/
- In the "Email Address" field, enter the Area 50 email address issued to you by the Area 50 Web/IT committee
- In the "Password" field, enter the unique password issued to you by the Area 50 Web/IT committee
- Click Login
If you are currently using the 1&1 Mail App to manage your IONOS email addresses, IONOS will gradually be deactivating the functionality of the app for all users, starting on June 30th, 2021.
Regardless of the device you have, you will still be able to access your email accounts through IONOS Webmail from your web browser. If you would like to continue accessing your email by mobile app, we recommend uninstalling 1&1 Mail by June 30th, 2021, and using the native email apps available on iOS and Android.
NOTE: We recommend logging into your Area 50 web mail through a web browser on a standard desktop or laptop computer – Chrome, Firefox, IE Explorer, and Safari (for Mac) – to compose emails, attach and send files, or download files.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should be getting a daily Spam folder report automatically emailed to you if there are items sitting in your Spam folder. If you'd like, you can adjust your spam filtering settings:
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right of the screen
- Click Mail, then click Anti-Spam
* By setting Spam Protection to "Off", ALL emails to go straight into your Inbox.
If you've recently inherited a webmail account from a past chair, or if you are accessing a webmail account for the first time, you'll need to change your display name.
- Click on the profile icon at the top-right of the screen
- Click My contact data
- Change the text in the “First name” and “Last name” fields.
- Click Save
|Archives Committee Chairemail@example.com|
|Area 50 Archivistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Area 50 Chairemail@example.com|
|Area 50 Co-Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New York State Information Workshopemail@example.com|
|Public Information Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Past Delegates Directory